By opening their homes to other members, Soroptimists create and strengthen bonds of friendship.
Open Heart – Open Door was founded on the principle that networking and developing a better understanding of each other and of each other’s cultures will strengthen our organisation, help it thrive and promote a more peaceful world.
Soroptimists can get involved in the Open Heart – Open Door programme in five ways:
- Home Hospitality: Hosting one or two Soroptimists or a Soroptimist and her partner in your home
- Contact Person: Acting as a guide and showing Soroptimists your hometown
- Exchange Visits: Hosting a professional exchange with another Soroptimist
- Home Exchange: Exchanging homes with another Soroptimist for a certain period of time
- Youth Exchange Programme: Hosting another Soroptimist’s daughter/son, niece/nephew, etc.
So far, some 500 Soroptimists from more than 50 countries have joined up to the Open Heart – Open Door programme!
Countries that are currently participating in the Open Heart – Open Door programme include:
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org