In the presence of 50 young women studying in STEM fields, Soroptimist International of Europe reaffirmed its commitment to educate, empower and enable women and girls to reach their full potential as leaders in their respective fields.
To this end,
- Soroptimists encourage young women and girls to enter fields of STEM, also because scientific degrees are more likely to lead to management positions.
- Soroptimists actively support women and girls to further themselves by awarding scholarships and organising mentoring programmes.
- Soroptimists offer a network of professional women which ‘paves the way so luck can find women’.
- Soroptimists act as advocates for gender equality and lobby to close the gender gap.
- Soroptimists advocate a leadership style which is inclusive.
- Soroptimists are active defenders of the environment and think ‘green’ in their daily lives.
- Soroptimists promote and participate in the development of innovative technologies to improve lives and to ensure a sustainable environment and food security.
- Soroptimists encourage women to believe in themselves and be visible in the workplace.
In short, Soroptimists help women OWN THE FUTURE!