It’s never an easy task, but each year a number of exceptional Soroptimist projects are selected as winners of the SIE Best Practice Awards.
These outstanding projects are singled out for their relevance, impact, successful implementation and long-term viability. All have as their foremost purpose the concrete and lasting improvement of the lives of women and girls.
The 2017 Best Practice Awards winners are:
PROJECT OF THE YEAR 2017!
- SI Club Club Cognac, France, for the project for opening the Suzanne Noël centre for female victims of domestic violence in partnership with the ASERC (Socio-Educational Association of the Cognac region)
EDUCATE TO LEAD AWARD
- SI Club Etiler, Turkey, for The Vocational Training & Employment Support Centre for Women (KIMIM), to help unemployed women in an area of Istanbul with particularly high unemployment.
- WINNER: SI Club De Bilt-Biltoven for the project AFRIpads Foundation
ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT CATEGORY
- WINNER: SI Fort-de-France, France, for the project Inter-Company Crèche
ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN CATEGORY
- WINNER: SI Club Marmara, Turkey, for the project Orange Heroes – Supporting the HeForShe Campaign
- WINNER: Six Clubs of SI Kenya for the project Safe Water, Sanitation and Green Energy (SWAG) for Kenyan Schoolgirls and Communities
SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT CATEGORY
- WINNER: SI Club Mezitli, Turkey for Collect and Recycle to Change the World
To read more about our most outstanding projects from recent years, click on the thumbnails below.