Together we need to stand up and shine a light on a silent pandemic.
This one is very close to our hearts and has been ongoing for many years: violence against women!
As an organisation and as Soroptimists, we will join the ‘16 Days of Activism’ campaign and count on your support to increase awareness of this important topic.
The sixteen days of activism fittingly begin on 25th November – International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. They end sixteen days later, on International Human Rights Day.
What you can do
- Re-post our social pictures and posts – we shall post every day for sixteen days, follow us on social media not to miss out
- Like and comment on posts on our social media accounts where we highlight Soroptimist projects related to Violence against Women (VAW).
- Like, comment and share some of the many orange posts you will see during this period, calling for us all to ’Orange the World’
- Are you and your club planning some activities? Please share them using the hashtag #16Days, #Stopviolenceagainstwomen, #Orangetheworld and also these official tags #SoroptimistEurope and #WeStandUpforWomen
- Report your projects as Project Focus Reports (PFRs), in our extranet in the PFR module.
Click on these icons to follow us on social media and support the campaign:
Let’s stand up for women together and orange the world!